Eat the Ball® Giveaway
Official Contest Rules
Who Can Enter
To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are existing users of Instagram.
Employees of Eat the Ball®, and Instagram, Inc., Instagram.com, their affiliated companies, and advertising and promotion agencies and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
Entry online, by Instagram:
- No purchase is necessary to enter. Only one entry allowed per account holder.
- To enter, log onto https://www.instagram.com/ to like, comment, and share the entry. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted. You have to take a creative picture with an Eat the Ball® product, upload it on Instagram (publicly) and tag the Eat the Ball Instagram account.
- By entering, entrants represent and warrant (i) that they own the picture submitted, and (ii) it does not violate the rights of any third parties. No lewd, nude, crude, or offensive photographs (as determined by Eat the Ball® in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted Eat the Ball® reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any entry. The contest starts on the 27th of November 2019 (6pm EST) and all entries must be received by Eat the Ball® by 12PM (EST) on 2nd February 2020. Eat the Ball® not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer, or any other electronic malfunction.
- On 3rd February, one (1) winner will be selected by Eat the Ball, the criteria for the winning photo simply being: the most interesting and creative photo.
One (1) winner will be selected. That winner will receive a package worth $3,000.:
- Flights from NYC-MIA-NYC for 2 persons. Dates & times will be organized with the winners.
- Hotel for 2 persons
- A $500 Shopping Balance on a prepaid credit card.
- Each winner will be notified by Instagram private and public message. Before claiming the prize, the winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Eat the Ball® at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within fourteen (14) days of notification, at the time each winner claims his/her prize in person at Eat the Ball®. If a winner is a minor, then the winner’s parents or guardian must sign a release and affidavit of eligibility before the winner receives his or her prize. Each winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Eat the Ball® reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
- If a winner cannot be notified within fourteen (14) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
- There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Eat the Ball®. Eat the Ball® has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
- Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must complete and sign a Form W-9.
- Only one prize will be awarded per household.
- Eat the Ball® is not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
- Eat the Ball® is not responsible for any liability arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
- In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Eat the Ball® has the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
- Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
- Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at Eat the Ball® at Eat the Ball® USA, inc., 1730 E Holly Ave, El Segundo, CA 90245, United States.
- For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to Eat the Ball® at Eat the Ball® USA, inc., 1730 E Holly Ave, El Segundo, CA 90245, United States. By 24th February 2020.
- This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Eat the Ball® and Instagram accepts no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
- Eat the Ball® cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes, or contest information. Eat the Ball® is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
- Eat the Ball® reserves the right to make rules and contest changes,and change the aforementioned contest dates.
- By entering this contest, each entrant waives any and all claims of liability against Eat the Ball® Instagram.com, and their respective parents, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, for any and all claims, loss, damage or injury which may occur as a result of entrant’s participation in this contest.
- Instagram, Inc., and www.instagram.com (collectively, “Instagram”) are not affiliated with Eat the Ball® nor this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Instagram.